Join Rat’s Culinary Team as they teach you how to bake and create amazing pastries and desserts in the beautiful kitchen at Rat’s Restaurant. This series focuses on the fusion of art and science when it comes to baking like a professional.
This four-week Wednesday night track takes place on the following dates:
- Wednesday • February 6, 2019 • 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday • February 13, 2019 • 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday • February 20, 2019 • 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday • February 27, 2019 • 6:00 – 8:30 PM
Our Culinary Master Class series is the perfect holiday gift for the chef in your life!
You can purchase this course online for yourself – or have it sent as a gift that will include a certificate and handwritten note! Please include details at checkout.
You must be 21 or over to attend our Culinary Master Class series.
The Do’s and Dont’s of Doughs
- Pate a choux – profiteroles/ churros/ gougeres
- Brioche- buns and rolls, sweet and savory
- Puff Pastry- (demo/sheets) palmiers & vol au vents
Decadent Desserts…and Chocolate!
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Whiskey Truffles
- Spiced Wine Granita
- Poached Pears
Cookies & Cakes
- Drop cookies (the best damn chocolate chip cookie)
- Sheet cookies (shortbread)
- Slice and bake cookies (chocolate salt, or “world peace” cookies)
- Cakes for the following week: Vanilla or Chocolate
- Types of buttercream demo
- Intro to piping tips and bags